Sunday, November 15, 2009
Happy Birthday from Changito!
Today I am going to show you how to create one of my favorite cards, the criss-cross card. I created this one today using materials from October's KNK scrapbook kit (yes, they make great card kits too!).
You will need the following materials for this project:
two 4 1/4" X 11" pieces of cardstock for the card base
One 4" x 5" piece of patterned paper (double sided is best, or else 2 pieces of complementing patterned paper works too)
One 3 3/4" X 5 1/4" piece of cardstock for insert
One 3 1/2" X 4 3/4" piece of cardstock for insert
ink, stamps, adhesive, scraps for accents, corner rounder and embellishments
1. Score both pieces of 4 1/4x 11 cardstock at 5 1/2"
2. Take each scored piece andcut it diagonally from center top to the bottom left
3. Now add adhesive to the rectangular back of one of the cardstock pieces and glue as shown below
4. Assemble the card base as shown in the following photos....make sure you put your adhesive close to the edge so that you have a pocket for your insert.
5. Once you fold over the left side, cut your patterned paper in half diagonally and adhere it to the card front.
6, Repeat with the right side, and your card base should look like this
7. Now you are ready to assemble your insert. Take both pieces of cardstock that you cut for the insert and round only the top 2 corners. The bottom should be straight. Tape the smaller one on top of the larger one and decorate.
8. Stamp and color your image for the front of the card, mat if you desire.
9. Attach to your card and embellish as desired.
This card will fit in a standard size envelope.
Have fun making some of your own, and don't forget to share them in the KNK gallery!