Friday, March 26, 2010

Playing Tag!

I hope you are all enjoying your Fridays. I am demoing at a large UK show for the first time in a couple of weeks so I am playing with tags at every available opportunity at the moment ... just to keep my hand in so to speak :0)
This is one of my favourite tags from yesterdays samples ... so much so ... I thought I would share the details with you.
1. I coloured the tag with Mustard Seed, then spritzed Wild Honey, Mustard Seed and Rusty Hinge distress ink with a mini mister on my craft mat and dabbed the tag in the colour ... drying between dabs with a heat gun until I was happy with the overall effect.
2. Then I placed one of Tim's stencils over one side of the tag and applied Brushed Corduroy distress ink. The easiest way to do this is to gently swirl the ink over the top of the stencil with a blending tool ... that way your mask should remain were you want it to.
3. I removed the mask and then stamped the flourish with crimson red acrylic paint and once again I dried it with a heat gun.
4. I stamped the text on some scrap card. Added a few Prima flowers that were also coloured using the same inks and coated with some Rock Candy stickles for added sparkle. Finally I added an Ideology charm and the tag was complete.
I hope you have a good weekend ... whatever you are doing ... see you next week!

2 comments: