Monday, May 24, 2010

Sizzlin' Summer Friendship




Summer is coming, and here in Florida so many people are wearing cute little sundresses. I thought that would be a great embellishment for a friendship card. Of course I will show you how to make them yourself! Depending on the size of your scallopped circle, you could use this to embellish a layout, card, or almost anything you desire. Get out your scallopped circles and start sizzling!

First, I decided to use some more of our friend Nikki Sivils Willow Bee papers. I adore sunflowers, and thought that pattern would make a cute little dress. I used my die cut machine to make 3 scallopped circles. If you don't have a machine that does this, you can purchase pre-cut scallopped circles in chipboard or maybe even patterned paper. Or...you can even use one of those doilies that are showing up everywhere!


I made 1 circle out of patterned paper (that will be for the dress itself) and 2 out of complementing cardstock for the ruffles.
Next, I took the patterned paper and transformed it into a sundress. To do this, count off 4 scallops for the neckline and 10 scallops for the hem.



HINT~~HINT:
Make a template using cardstock first, and save that for future reference. It isn't hard, but you know how finicky we are about having things just so!


To pump up the cuteness factor, trim the cardstock scallopped circles to make ruffles for the hem of the dress. You can use as many layers as you like.

I added a sash at the waist before adhering it to my friendship card. I just love this sentiment. It exemplifies true friendship!

Hope you are inspired today!!

5 comments:

  1. Love this! How did you ever think to trim the scallop circle into a dress shape? Way to CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't come up with it myself....got the idea from Gretchen Barron (love her cards)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roz that is the cutest EVER!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a totally cool idea Roz ... and you executed it beautifully :0)

    ReplyDelete