Friday, May 28, 2010

Two of my favourite things!

I thought it would be nice to share a few of my favourite things with you guys this week. You have probably guessed by now that one of them is the range of Distress inks from Ranger. I LOVE them and if I could start my crafting life over ... well they would be the first pads I bought ...and trust me ... I bought plenty that I never use! Why are they my favourite??? Well you can create beautiful backgrounds with a few inks and some white card ... oh yeah and a fabulous stamp. To make the above background I coloured the white card with Fired Brick and Spiced Marmalade distress ink then I stamped over the top in Fired Brick with the Stampendous Agapanthus stamp.
My second favourite thing is Stampendous embossing powder ... especially the Gold Detail. If you grab some card and pat it with the Gold Acrylic Dabber and then shake Gold embossing powder over the top ... once heated you are left with a really lovely textured vintage look ... trust me! No one will believe it started life as a piece of white card.
So ... don't leave me in suspense ... What are your favourite things?

3 comments:

  1. Ilove all the great things you do with TH distress inks! You have shown me lots of new ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Distress Inks too for their versatilty,there is just so much that you can do with them. I also couldn't be without my faithful Big Shot to use with any make of Die, be it a Nestie, Cuttlebug, Sizzix, Tim Holtz or whatever. Where were we before they came along? Judith xx

    ReplyDelete