Friday, July 30, 2010

August Kit & Jillibean Soup

Happy Friday! I am so excited to share my reveal today. This has to be one of the most versatile kits we've had yet! I have officially fallen in love with Jillibean Soup, no question about it. For this layout I used the canvas flowers and corrugated alphas, as well as two patterned papers and they all coordinate beautifully. Petaloo's "Color Me Crazy" alterable leaves were a perfect compliment to the flowers too! The texture in them really pops with a little ink. I inked them with Dew Drop "Bamboo Leaves" first, then add a little TH "Vintage Photo" Distress Ink over that. Then, to give them a little definition, edged them with Cinnamon Stickles. What I love about the "Color Me Crazy" products is that you can alter them in countless ways to coordinate with whatever. That's just cool.
I couldn't resist adding a Petaloo "Candies" flower to the center of a J.S. canvas one. It added just the right amount of contrast to otherwise green embellishments, with the exception of the white lace. That lace couldn't have been more perfect for this! Have you ever tied a bow with lace? Seriously... NOT as easy as you would think. Or maybe I am just bow-impaired LOL... but that simple little bow took me forever to make it look right. If any of you have any great bow-making tips, don't be afraid to share, please!

My second layout sort of took on a life of its own. It all started innocently enough, with three 4-inch widths of cardstock. After all the distressing and sewing and muted tones of my first layout, I really wanted to play up the vibrant colors in the kit. So, after lots of fussy-cutting and painting and improvising, this is what happened:
Do I love it?? YES!!! Talk about "out-of-the-box"..... but these adorable pics of my girls called for something cute and bright and fun, so that's what I did.
Thanks for stopping by and having a look! To see more innovative projects with this kit, visit http://www.knkclub.com/ .

3 comments:

  1. Love the lo's Amy! The Green polka dot's match the dress, or wait, did you take the pictures of the dress to match the paper ;)? Very fun either way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nope, just got lucky with the dress and paper! Love it when that happens!

    ReplyDelete