Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Summertime Photos

I believe that some of the most special memories of childhood are created in the summertime. This stands to reason; summer is full of vacations, family reunions, backyard BBQ's, and let's not forget Independence Day.... tons of events and fun experiences crammed into a few short months of the year! I know the day is coming when my children (my girls especially) decide that they don't want the camera constantly snapping around them, so I'm taking full advantage of their willingness now while I can. Our vacation this summer was full of colorful and memorable photo opportunities; little moments in their lives that I hope to help them remember by preserving the memories in pages of a scrapbook.


Two Peas in a Pod
The KNK August kit, full of bright colors and fun embellishments, is perfect for these summertime photos! For my double-page the warm golds and bright green worked perfectly for some pics of my girls in their Great-Aunt's gorgeous garden, drawing on the Marigolds and pea-pods in the photos. I added some red for a splash of contrasting color, and I couldn't resist adding some buttons and a couple of chipboard pea-pods from my stash to complete the page.

You and Little Lena
I am pretty sure that out of all the things we did and saw on our vacation, Katy will remember Little Lena the most. My Uncle brought this 10-week-old black Lab home the day after we got to their house and of course Katy fell in love with her right away! I had fun with this page, making some flowers from lace and, you can't see the huge tree in their backyard in the photos, so I decided to add one to the page.

And finally, as I usually do, I made a simple card from the last little bit of my favorite paper in the kit. I also had one pinwheel left so added it to the front with a sentiment sticker from the kit to make a cute friendship card.Have you scrapped any of your photos from this summer yet? Don't forget, KNK has a gallery, we'd love to see what you've been up to this summer! Have a great week :)

3 comments: