Sunday, June 20, 2010

May Your Day be Filled with Sunshine

Summer is officially here! Have you gotten out to the beach or the pool yet? This adorable set by Stampendous will get you into the summertime swing if you aren't already. It is called Sunshine Shells. You can make it go from this



to this




in just a few easy steps. Here's how.

1.Stamp image onto vanilla/creme cardstock and color in
2.I used golden ochre liquid applique to make the coral look realistically fuzzy,
snickerdoodle smoochie ink on the nautilus shell, and sunflower ultrafine glitter
on the starfish, accents on the sailboat were done with golden yellow liquid pearls
3. Base of the card is 6x12 piece of tranquil blue bazill cardstock
4.I tore some burnt sugar core-dinations paper (6" wide) and made layers for the sand.
5.I cut some more bazill with a curvy cutter to make the ocean water
6. To make the effect of whitewash at the waters' edge and also for whitecaps in the ocean, I used a 'splash' (lol) of white liquid applique.

Even though it is a beautiful sunny day, there are a few clouds in the sky. They are made with scallop oval punches (same shade as the base card) that have been spritzed with marshmallow glimmermist(oooh---aaahhhh). The cute sun is a punch that I havehad for ages in my stash.

Flash forward to the inside of the card....I did not want to ruin my seascape with a sentiment so I put it on the inside. I also used an adorable Martha Stewart beach punch (soon to be available at Creativity Boutique---yee~ha gals~~~~ the punches are coming!!!!!)
Hope that this puts you in the mood for summertime fun!

2 comments:

  1. oh i love lvoe that punch! gerrianne save me one pretty please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous Roz, love what you did with that stamp

    ReplyDelete