Monday, February 1, 2010

Flowers for a Friend




Today's project is called a double pocket-fold card. In addition to being a card, there are also two "tags" that can be used for photos or a bookmark. Gather these supplies and you are all set to start creating!
*paper scoring tool ( I love my scor-pal, but a paper trimmer with scoring blade is fine)
*scissors, adhesive, stamps, ink (memento bambooleaves, summer sky, and london fog), embellishments, cardstock, ruler
* one sheet of patterned paper 8 1/2 X 11 Today I chose LUCY from the Playful Petals line by Daisy Bucket( I prefer double sided for this project)

1.Hold paper as shown above, and score at 4 1/4"



2. Rotate your paper 90 degrees and score at 5 1/2"




3. Unfold the paper. Cut along the horizontal fold from the left side of the paper to the vertical score line.




4. Fold the bottom right corner up so that the bottom edge meets the center score line



5. Next you are going to fold over the top left corner of the paper. Bring it down, leaving approximately 1--1 1/2" between the edge of the folded paper to the vertical fold ( Use above photo as your guide...it seems confusing at first, but it isn't really)




6. The bottom left rectangle gets folded underneath the folded rectangle on the bottom right.









7. The bottom corner gets folded up over the other corner that is already folded



8. Once you have positioned the corner so that it folds nicely, open it up and add adhesive to the sides and bottom half and stick it into position. I have used red-line tape here, as I want a strong adhesive.







9. Now you are ready to decorate the front of the card and the tags to put into each pocket. For my card, one of the tags measures 1 3/4" X 5" and the other one measures 2 1/2" X 5".






The tag on the left is decorated using stamps from the Shapely Vases stamp set by Stampendous, Petaloo Dazzlers florettes, tattered rose glimmer mist and memento ink.

The tag on the right uses the Shapely Vases stamps, Petaloo dahlias ( from one of their box blends sets) and diamond glaze in the vase to make it look like water/glass.
Here is a close-up:




Here is a close-up of the front of the card, I sprayed the smaller circle with Tattered Rose glimmer mist after stamping and inking the sentiment in summer sky memento ink.




Here is the outside of the card fully decorated





All supplies can be found in Creativity Boutique. The Daisy Bucket paper, cardstock, and ribbons are from KNK's April 2009 kit, available in KNK store.
Hope you liked today's project!

10 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Roz and those tags are stunning X

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock Roz!! I'm definitely going to try this. Love the way you used that diamond glaze too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roz!!! I need a scor pal. And it's all your fault! Great project Roz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic project!!! (let me know if you need my address) :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roz, I love your clear and easy to follow directions. Great tutorial and wonderful card. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg..I am so going to attempt this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you get stuck when trying this, don't forget you can e-mail me or post to KNK for help! I am here if you need me.Thanks for all the :) comments

    ReplyDelete