Friday, January 15, 2010

Fun Background Friday!

I know that is a weak attempt at a post header ... I promise the post will be better and certainly more fun! You guys must be getting to know me by now ... which means that you know that I adore Tim ... and anything Tim. Am I excited about the new Tim releases for CHA? ... you bet!
Anyway ... just to prove we all need new stash ... we kinda have to prove ... to ourselves at least ... that we use all our old stash ... or is that just me????
So today I am going to share with you a technique that can be used with any ... yes any ... of the 24 fab Timmy distress inks ... which means we can all go buy the 12 new colors as soon as they are released ... a cool plan huh???
Grab yourself some tools and lets have some fun!


1. Ink up your Stampendous stamp with snow cap dabber and stamp a random pattern onto white card. You will need to reload with paint in between each stamp and you will need good light to ensure you don't over lap your images.
2. Dry the paint with your heat tool and make sure you clean your stamp immediately ... you really don't want that paint to dry on your favorite stamp ... believe me!!!
3. Apply your chosen color of distress ink with some cut and dry foam ... all over the card and the stamped pattern ... this will all make sense in a minute.
4. Once you have covered your card ... grab a baby wipe and wipe over the entire card ... this will make the snow cap dabber pop and ... hey presto ... you have a fab and subtle background that will match up with whatever you want! I have used old paper and dusty concord to make these samples.



5. If you want a more vivid background ... try over stamping the image with the original distress color you used ... wipe again with a baby wipe and you get this effect.


This technique really is loads of fun ... and you will always have a matching background whenever you need one ... see you next week guys ... Have a good one!

6 comments:

  1. Wow. Fabulous Linda. I had no idea you could do such things with the paint dabbers. I am afraid the few I have don't make much of an appearance :-( but will definately unearth them and have a go :-) Errrmm just realised I don't have white though.
    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! It looks like so much fun! I just so happen to have one of those paint dabbers too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hoping you pop back Carole ... it can be any color dabber ... white just shows up well for demo purposes ... gold and silver dabbers give a fab effect and most other colors matched with the distress ink also look amazing X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muito, muito bonito eu amei!
    Lecticia Lee

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic! I don't need any excuse to get more Timmy stuff...if he markets it, I will probably get me some! He rocks!!!!

    ReplyDelete