Friday, January 8, 2010

Let the romance begin!


Oh yes ... it is that time of year ... when we crafters start thinking about romance and roses and Valentine's day!  Now if you are not a Valentine's day crafter ... well that is n't a problem either ... just change the text on this card for an Anniversary message or a Happy Birthday for a loved one.
To make this card you need:-
A sheet of heavy weight white card stock
Some black card stock for layering.
Grunge paper
A small manila parcel tag
6 petaled flower ... I used a die
Tim Holtz's slight alterations stamp set
Ribbon and charm from stash!
 
1. Using a blending tool I coloured a piece of 14cmX14cm white card with Fired Brick distress ink. I then stamped around the edges with Tim's alterations stamp. I repeated this step with another piece of white card 9cmX9cm.


2. I spritzed water onto my hand using a Ranger mini mister and dropped splashes on both pieces of card stock which I immediately dried using a paper towel. Both backgrounds were then matted onto black card.


3. I stamped the beautiful music of love stamp using Black soot distress ink onto white card and embossed using clear detail embossing powder ... you can skip the embossing bit ... but I like the added texture. I then used a blending tool to colour one heart with Aged mahoghany distress ink and the other with Black soot.
4. I made the grunge paper rose using Mr Holtz's tutorial and coloured it using Aged Mahoghany distress ink and a spritz of glimmer mists.


5. Finally I put the card together ... adding dimension by curling the hearts with a bone folder ... I then added the stamped manila text tag ... some ribbon and a metal charm to complete the look.
I hope you like the finished card ... if you get chance to make one ... please come back and share the link so we can have a look ... we are a nosy bunch here :0)
See you next week everyone!

10 comments:

  1. It's just beautiful Linda!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those hearts! That flower is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Linda. Bet anyone's Other Half would love to receive it or rather one like it.

    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful....would want to give it to hubby so that I could keep it close at hand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just gorgeous love it greta tutorial as well stay warm hugs Daniele

    ReplyDelete