As the big day draws nearer ... it is getting kind of late to be giving you Christmas card ideas ... so this week I thought we could focus on the presents :0) We all have that special present ... that we want to look special even before the paper is ripped off ... don't we? ... so here is an extra special gift tag ... that is great fun and quick to make ... Are you sitting comfortably?
1. Take a chip shape ... I have chosen a bauble ... but you could use a letter ... or a present shape ... or any shape you like really.
2. Cover the back with Christmas paper ... a great chance to use your favorite Christmas scraps ... sand the edges and then edge with a gold Krylon pen.
3. Triple emboss the front by covering the chip with embossing ink and then a layer of embossing powder and heat ... repeat this step twice more. Once you are happy you have a nice thick layer ... put embossing ink on the top of your bauble only and use a different color powder ... I went for yummy gold!
4. Now heat the embossing again and ink up a stamp with embossing ink ... I went for the Damask fall stamp again ... don't worry ... I have no plans to go on and on and on about how much I love it or how versatile it is ... again :0) Then place the stamp in the hot embossing powder and hold for a count of 10. Keep inking and stamping until you are happy with your design. Don't worry if it goes wrong either ... just melt it all and keep trying until you are happy with your design.
5. Finally add a ribbon and some bling ... use a gold pen to write on the back and this little tag will make any gift look a bit more special.
Until next week folks ... Have a good weekend!